Style like Styles

15 June 2014

Like what Tyler Oakley said: "If you don't know who Harry Styles is, I have nothing to say to you." Kidding aside, I'm assuming you guys probably know who Harry Styles is and what he does. Well if you don't, I wouldn't mind giving you a brief description of who he is.

Harry Edward Styles or also known as "Hazza" is a member of the British-Irish boy band One Direction along with Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, Zayn Malik and Niall Horan. He is the youngest in the band and also known as the member who had a knack of anything & everything crazy. He has dated several celebrities in the past and one of them is Taylor Swift. He may not take things seriously sometimes but when it comes to dressing up it is the other way around.


I have been a fan of this boy band for almost 3 years now and I don't think I will ever get tired of it. You guys might say that I'm too old for these things but I don't think there is an age limit when it comes to admiring someone, be it an individual or a group. Let me just share with you this short encounter I had last May when I was lining up for One Direction tickets. 

When I was about to leave the venue where the tickets are being sold, I overheard a conversation of an old lady over the phone, I'm assuming she was talking to a friend or her husband (if it was really her husband, that'll be pretty awkward and hilarious). Anyway, she was telling the person on the other side of the line that she already got the tickets. She was like "Nakuha ko na yung tickets. Mapapanuod ko na One Direction!" (I already got the tickets, I'm finally watching One Direction!) Imagine a 13 year old fangirl breaking the good news to her parents, that is literally how she sounded! I wanted to laugh but I shrugged it off and just smiled because I realized how big an impact One Direction have on people of all ages and how they make them happy without even trying. It was really touching to see.


So today, instead of wearing my usual get-up I decided to impersonate the Harry Styles look and see if I can pull it off. I love Harry Styles not only because of his cheeky smile or his curly hair but because of how he can carry an outfit effortlessly - for a guy that's a big thing! 


I had no problem with looking for ripped black jeans because I already had mine which got ripped few days ago by accident.  You wouldn't want to know the details. Anyway, thank goodness for that, I guess. For the black shirt, I had to choose from 3 different designs until I finally settled down with this one which I found in my Mom's closet. Oh the treasures I find there.



Now the story of my boots! Gosh, I don't know where to start. Basically, I found this boots from our bodega years ago but I have always despised it for some silly reasons. My Mom was the one who told me to try it on but I was reluctant because it think it was baduy. You know us teenagers, we don't like to wear things that aren't in the racks of Forever 21 or things that are unusual. We always follow the hype and if we fail to do that, we feel like we're out of place. But now I realize that's not how it's supposed to be.

Anyway, when I found the boots the other day an idea pop into my head and I immediately got it not really having second thoughts. I was so happy because I always wanted to have a pair just like Harry's and I guess God heard my prayers. It's not the exact replica of his boots but it will do, right?



The hardest to duplicate was the bandana which Harry wears during their concert or when he's out on a lazy day. I never had one but I already decided on what to put over my head until I found my Mom's scarf wrapped around her bag. I tried it on and it worked! The fun part is, it looks almost the same as Harry's. Things just couldn't get any better. After the bandana, I made sure to wear my favorite Ray Ban sunnies for extra effect. You know, camera flashes can get irritating in the eyes sometimes (HAHAHA, feeling Harry Styles lang).



So... this is my take on Harry Styles' look! I honestly, wasn't expecting it would turn out this good. I was quite surprised. Well, I'm really hoping you guys like it just as much as I did :) 

The question is, which One Direction member do you want me to impersonate next? Tweet/Comment your answer!

A BIG THANK YOU TO MS. RP AND MMI LIVE FOR BRINGING ONE DIRECTION HERE IN MANILA. CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT YEAR! #OnTheRoadAgainTourManila

Stay Sassy! ❤

Post a Comment

© Saskia Sacro. Design by FCD.