FINDING YOURSELF

3 January 2016










One time I was going through my Facebook feed and I came across this quote, it says “Finding yourself is a journey, not a destination.” Then it got me thinking, do I really know myself? Finding yourself is not something that could be done in a matter of seconds, minutes or days. A lot of it is trial and error. More often than not, you hit a bump in the road, and sometimes you fall flat on your face. It's not going to be easy - it never has been for anybody. I must admit, I haven’t completely found myself yet and I’m still in the process of learning how to express myself and be happy with who I am. 

It’s true, we are always still learning who we are each day. I mean, of course only you know who you truly are but who we are capable of being is another story and can even lead to another road in life, thus you learn more things about yourself you never knew before. Finding yourself really is a journey, it's a lifetime process of constant self-awareness and discovery…

Well, I may not have completely found myself as of yet, but there’s one thing I have proudly discovered and that is the perfect wrist watch for me! (That’s good enough for now). My family and friends know that I’m never a fan of wearing anything on my wrist specially watches. In the same way some women feel uncomfortable wearing a bright shade of lipstick, I feel particularly uneasy wearing accessories. It also doesn’t help that I have nickel or metal allergies. However, just when I thought wearing watches was hopeless for me I found Wood Watches by JORD, the finest luxury all-natural wooden watch ever created!

Although this wooden watch contains stainless steel deployment clasp, it never left a rash on my skin for the past few months I’ve been wearing it. Why? Because JORD watches feature low-sulfur stainless steel grades (304) clasp that was already proven by the National Center for Biotechnology Information to elicit no reaction in patients sensitized to nickel. With this wooden watch I no longer have to worry about allergic reactions! Aside from the fact that it’s safe for those with sensitive skin like me, this watch is also something any girl my age would love. It exudes elegance with the 8 Swarovski crystal markers around the dial, at the same time, it is versatile because of its natural color and water resistance feature. 

Like for my look today I opted for an outfit Nancy Drew or Sherlock Holmes would wear so I came up with the Fedora hat and Trench coat combination. Instead of wearing the typical all-black outfit underneath, I wore neutral colored pieces such as this maroon shorts and white cropped top. To complete the whole detective look, I matched this outfit with my favorite JORD wooden watch Cora Series in Maple and Silver.
                                                                      
Overall, I appreciate products that are made of natural materials (green technology) so I never hesitated to try out this non-traditional wooden watch. JORD is definitely on the high-end but considering it’s hand-crafted that makes it reasonably priced. It's true, choosing a watch can be very challenging but with JORD wooden watches you stand apart from the rest. With that, I can say JORD wooden watches can definitely top off any of our #OOTD!

Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed reading my first blog post for this year. See you all on my next post. Happy New Year, everyone.

Stay Sassy! ❤️

Post a Comment

© Saskia Sacro. Design by FCD.