ON TAKING RISKS

22 June 2016


As a kid, I remember feeling very uncomfortable with crushes or boyfriends whenever someone would casually bring it up. I even swore to myself that I wouldn't date anyone, as crazy as its sounds but I'm sure some you can relate to me. Needless to say, just a mere mention of the term "boy" creeps me out way before I even got the chance to interact with one outside my family. So, first day of 6th grade came and I had a seat mate named Kurt. As we started talking, my heart would never be the same. It was my first awkward crush (and first heart break too), little did I know then that it was only the beginning of so many more. As usual Kurt ended up liking someone else in my class. The fact that I still took the risk and consider my feelings for him, even though I know my heart would be in jeopardy, was already a big deal for me.


One thing I learned in life, it's all about taking the plunge. Sometimes you have to jump without a safety net to feel what it's like to live. By taking risks we open ourselves up to being hurt in relationships, to loosing things we thought we had and to acquire personal injuries but at the same time these risks may also lead us to the one great love of our life. It is during these crises that we find things that are more valuable than what we have lost, and learn things about ourselves that will shape our character in the future. Playing it safe will not change anything but taking risks will definitely help us live our lives to its fullest potential.


Well, let's take my outfit for today as an example. In the Philippines, low hanging Harem Pants (as seen in the photo) is not something you see everyday at the mall or in the park. The only place where I catch people wearing these kind of attire is at the airport and usually they're Caucasians backpacking in Asia. I find it odd why there are only a few number of people here in my country who consider wearing low hanging Harem Pants when it can be both comfortable and trendy. I mean, what more can you ask for? The best part with wearing these pants is that you can make heads turn for as long as you know the right clothing and accessories to match it with. Not to mention the proper ambiance.

So if you're considering buying low hanging Harem Pants in the future, here's what you need to remember: it's always recommended that the pants should be emphasized so the top should be tucked inside the pants. Remember to keep the clothing above simple as possible to provide the background for the accent, which are the pants. If your pants are dark go for a colorful top to liven the outfit up like how I did with mine, and always keep the leg down. It’s not anymore out of place if you see someone wearing them out in public today. It's better to set the trend than follow one. Of course you'll catch a lot of glances but that's the whole point, isn't it?


PHOTO TAKEN BY: Gabriel Bumatay

My point is this, there's no harm in taking risks. This not only applies to romantic relationships or fashion choices, but life as a whole. The only way to get to where you want to be is by taking the first step of a thousand mile journey. Sure there will be people who will try to bring you down, but at the end of the day it's you... only you can live your life, nobody else will!

Get the look:

Harem Pants: Etsy | Top: Topshop | Sandals: Solea

What do you think of my outfit for today? Tweet me! 

Stay Sassy 

Post a Comment

© Saskia Sacro. Design by FCD.