22 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT ME

2 August 2016


I don't know about you but I'm feeling 22! It's been a month since my birthday and I want to thank everyone who went all the way to my house to celebrate with me and to those who made an effort to send their birthday greetings. Special mention to my parents, to my best friends Coley and Ale and to my brothers Joe, Jidd and Juha for helping me prepare and for making sure everything goes as planned. My #WildChildTurns22 birthday celebration would not be a success without your help! I am extremely blessed to have friends and family that want to make my day special for me. Anyway...



Instead of just a normal OOTD or other post about life and love, I thought I'd list 22 unusual facts about me... seeing that I just turned 22, after all! However, if you're not interested you are free to skip over this. No hard feelings, I am feeling very generous today. Hahaha! So here it goes...

1. WATCHES IRRITATE ME.
... I just hate the feeling of having something on my wrist. The only watch I've worn the longest and actually liked was the wood watch sent to me by my sponsor, Jord.

2.  I LOVE OPM (Original Pilipino/Pinoy Music). 
... Urbandub, Eraserheads, Parokya ni Edgar, Silent Sanctuary, Bamboo, you name it!

3. NOT A FAN OF FISH.
... I know you guys are going "what?! why?!" on your heads right now but truth be told, I don't like the taste of fish. I just don't.

4. I'M NOT AFRAID OF HEIGHTS.
... I knew I wasn't afraid of heights when I started climbing the tall trees we had in our backyard at the age of 8. Skydiving in Dubai or Cebu is on my bucket list!

5. COFFEE SHOPS HAVE BECOME MY SANCTUARY.
... I can sit for hours in CBTL and totally chill to the sound of espresso machine and clinking teaspoons. That, and getting wired on caffeine. 

6. I HAVE RANIDAPHOBIA.
... A.K.A: Fear of frogs! Sometimes I wonder, how the heck did I survive our biology class?

7. I CRY A LOT.
... No, I'm not always sad. If my emotion level gets too high (or too low), I find myself tearing up. This happens more often than I am usually prepared for and the fact that I get teased by it doesn't help at all. 

8. I USED TO LIKE THE COLOR PINK.
... If you've read my "30 Facts About Me" post before, I've mentioned there how much of a pink-a-holic I am but *surprise surprise* that is no longer the case now. I'm already into warm undertones such as brown, cream and gold.

9. TRAVELING IS MY STRESS-RELIEVER.
... School deadlines, heart breaks, petty arguments with friends, online bashers and anything that causes me stress are the reasons why the hashtag #saskiatravels is on Instagram. The sights I see, the people I meet and the new things I experience when traveling helps me enjoy the moment and forget the things that has been bothering me.

10. WHITE CONDIMENTS DISGUST ME.
... I just can't handle the sight, smell and especially the taste of mayonnaise and sour cream, or anything of that strange texture and hue. Blah!

11. I WRITE SONGS.
... Okay, maybe I'm the girl who can't sing and play instruments to save her life but one thing you should know about me is I love song writing. So far, I've written 28 songs including the ones I've had in my journal since 5th grade. Although, there's this one particular Tagalog song I've written that I'm very proud of. Hopefully I'll be able to release and have you guys listen to it before the month ends.



12. MEN WITH THICK EYEBROWS ARE ATTRACTIVE.
... I mean, don't you find Zac Efron, Dave Franco, Zayn Malik and Ian Somerhalder extremely hot?! There's not much of an explanation for me, I just think it's a huge plus if you're a dude with thick eyebrows. Hehe. 

13. I'M A TAYLOR SWIFT FAN.
... And I got to meet and hug her 2 years ago! Despite the T Swift drama that went down, my love for her and her music will never change. There were people on Twitter asking about my opinion on the whole Taylor-Kanye drama but I chose to keep mum mainly because it's none of my business and arguing with close-minded people will just be a waste of time. The media and haters can say what they want but what I'm sure of is Taylor's very genuine to her fans (Swifties). That's proven!

HEELS from H&M 

14. I LIKE TO CLEAN MY ROOM.
... It has become a habit more than a chore, really. I just find satisfaction in arranging my things and organizing my closet. 

15. DON'T GIVE ME MILK.
... Unless you want me to puke in front of you? 

16. I'M A DLSU ALUMNI.
... Yes, I took up AB-Psychology in De La Salle University - Manila and just graduated last February. Anyway, I'd like to take this moment to thank my Mom and Dad for being my support system during my 4 years in college and rooting for me, even during the tough times. But to be completely honest, I don’t think a million "thank you’s" would be enough to show them how much I love and appreciate everything they've done for me these past 22 years. I know I have put them through many stressful situations, but knowing that I will always have them both to back me up and believe in me makes a world of difference. I love them... so so so much!

17. I CAN SPEED READ.
... Depending on my mood and the story, I can finish a book in one sitting or in one week. My favorite among the books I've recently finished is "Where Rainbows End" by Cecilia Ahern.

Romper from Chic-A-Booti

18. BUTTERFLIES AND SUNFLOWERS MAKE ME HAPPY.
... Need I say more? 

19. JOLLIBEE IS MY FAVORITE.
... I used to weigh 130 lbs (I'm now 115 lbs. YAY!) in college from eating Jollibee Spaghetti and Dairy Queen Ice Cream for the whole week with my best friend. Nevertheless, that didn't change my love for the fast food chain. 

20. I'M A SPICY FREAK.
... I love anything with spice. I personally find it enjoyable, it adds a nice flare quality to a good meal. I guess, the burn is just a small price to pay for an otherwise savory meal. 

21. I AM BAD AT GIVING DIRECTIONS.
... Because I only know One Direction. Get it? get it? Kidding aside, my friends will definitely vouch for that. I'm not sure but I am just particularly bad at figuring them out. Suffice to say that I always get a panic attack when people rely on me for directions because most of the time we just end up getting lost. LOL.

22. SASKIA IS A DUTCH NAME.
... My Mom initially thought of naming me after Sushmita Sen, the winner of the Ms. Universe pageant during the year I was born. However, my Dad wasn't fond of the idea, so he decided to name me after the wife of Rembrandt, a famous painter, instead. In case you're wondering, my brothers were given unique names too.


So now that you know a bit more about me, even if they are extremely strange facts, I would love to hear from you as well. Tweet me something fascinating about yourself and let's strike a conversation!

Stay Sassy! 

Post a Comment

© Saskia Sacro. Design by FCD.