GROWING UP

28 February 2015



Do you ever wish you don't have to grow up? or wish life had a pause button? Well, I do. I'm turning 21 in a few months and boy, it seems as though the years flew by! I still have a clear vision of my 7th birthday where I had a house party with homemade cakes, cute Disney princess-themed party supplies we bought last minute and friends I invited over. I remember wearing a red gown my Lola sewed herself, it really made me feel like a princess for a day even if it was just a simple gathering. Look at me now, posing for the camera all dressed up in one of my favorite places in the world - Hongkong. Who would have thought that 13 years after my 7th birthday I would check so much off my bucket list. I am very thankful but am still terrified of what is yet to come when I officially enter adulthood. We say that age is just a number, but when we think about it there is a big difference between the way we are at 16 and the values and opinions that we have, compared to how we are at 18.

There are times that I wish I didn't have to grow up especially when life hands me a difficult situation. Times like those I wish I could just curl up on my bed and forget about everything. But the thing is, life goes on. It gets better as soon as we get on with it and put our best foot forward. No matter how much we want to rewind time to correct our wrongs... we can't. This is why we should listen to our parents when they say, "don't do anything you will regret in the end" because it's true. We're not perfect human beings, we make mistakes but that's alright because it only means we have something to work on. Don't feel bad when you didn't enjoy your teen years, we can always enjoy the freedom that comes with wisdom which can be had only by being an adult. 



"Take pictures in your mind of your childhood room
Memorize what it sounded like when your dad gets home
Remember the footsteps, remember the words said
And all your little brother's favorite songs
I just realized everything I have is someday gonna be gone"

I suggest you listen to Never Grow Up by my all-time favorite singer Taylor Swift, just so you could have the feel of this post. I may or may have not cried writing this post while listening to the song.. hehehe. 


Fur Dress: Thrift Shop | Sunglasses: Sunnies Studios | Bag: Shopteepee


It was freezing cold in Hongkong and I loved it! That explains why I took Figure Skating before. Anyway, the point is, I'm was so ecstatic when I heard that it's winter in HK (minus the snow) and I will finally be able to wear the sweaters I had in my closet for yeaaaars. Some of them I only wore once in Sagada or Baguio but most of it I have never even tried before. I don't want to go on the details about my whole trip there now because I have 2 posts dedicated for that. 

Anyway, this photo was taken few hours before our flight back to Manila so I had to go full-on with my #OOTD! Savoring the moment, they say! Basically, I tried experimenting again with my outfit by matching neutral colors to vibrant ones. Usually I play safe when it comes to my look but the thing about winter is that you can wear whatever you want as long as it keeps you warm and comfortable. Thus, ending up with this brown and pink combination. It didn't take a while for me to end up with this look, it came naturally and that's a good sign. What do you think? 


I miss catching up with everyone on the blog! A lot of great things will be happening this March and I can't wait to share it with you all. Do visit Coley and I's blog if you got nothing else to do XXII DIARIES, we will revamp it soon :) Thank you for the 126,000 views. Let's keep it growing, yeah? 

Stay Sassy (and spontaneous)! 

Post a Comment

© Saskia Sacro. Design by FCD.